This recipe doesn’t contain much in the way of Blants products (just a touch of our Himalayan pink salt). But it contains ingredients that are a natural source of magnesium, and we’re all about getting more magnesium. This is one of our family’s favourite healthy(ish) desserts, so we thought we’d share it with you.
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt*
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Spoon into 4** glasses and chill.
This is lovely served with raspberries.
Bits & Bobs
** This recipe gives you 4 big shot glass type portions. But, in our family, two of us can polish this off quite rapidly! If you have more self-control than us, it should last a couple of days, covered, in the fridge.
– You can play around with this recipe to suit your tastes. Feel free to add more cocoa, or even some melted dark chocolate chips if you like it really chocolatey.
– Use any kind of milk. I’ve made this with cows, almond and soy. You could probably use coconut milk too. Feel free to increase the amount of milk for a smoother texture.
– You may like to start with less maple syrup and check the sweetness level first. If you don’t have maple syrup, you can use any sweetener, but if it’s a dry one like powdered stevia, you’ll have to increase the amount of milk you use to get the nice smooth, mouth feel.
– Avocados contain magnesium, as well as other nutrients and nourishing fats. The creaminess of the avocado, and the depth of the cocoa flavour makes this treat very satisfying.
* We use Blants Himalayan pink salt because it’s so tasty, as well as containing lots of lovely minerals.
We stock both fine and coarse, if you prefer to grind it freshly.
Share this with your chocolate-loving friends here: