What is Activated Charcoal (Activated Carbon)
Activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is a highly porous substance with an enormous surface area comparative to its apparent size.
Applied topically, it is a powerful detoxifier attracting and removing toxins, free radicals and pollutants from the surface of the body.
About Blants Activated Charcoal Powder (Activated Carbon)
Imported from Sri Lanka, Blants Activated Charcoal is a super-fine powder made from organic coconut shells, steam activated and meticulously formulated as both Food (FCC certified food grade) and USP, EUP and BP, the purest Activated Charcoal available.
It is non-GMO, Gluten free, not tested on animals, suitable for vegans. It has no additives, no free-flow, no anti-cake, colours or flavours. It’s simply 100% Activated Carbon.
Approved Ingredient by Australian Certified Organic for manufacturing Organic and Bio-Dynamic certified products.
Please check it out on the ACO website by browsing the above link. When you land on the page, select suppliers in alphabetical order and you will see all the Blants listings.
Uses for Activated Charcoal
Just to name a few
- Skin revitalising – face masks and scrubs – Activated Charcoal is an extraordinary exfoliant, drawing dirt, bacteria and impurities that lie deep within the pores of the skin resulting in a wonderful youthful complexion, and helpful in overcoming skin conditions such as acne also.
- Detox Face Mask – Mix 1 teaspoon of Activated Charcoal with enough water to the consistency of a paste. Apply all over the face with a face brush being sure to apply evenly. It will then start to dry. After it dries it can be rinsed off, leaving your skin feeling wonderfully refreshed. *Please note that activated charcoal can stain fabrics and possibly your sink. Avoid getting it on your clothes, and clean any product from your sink immediately. Depending on skin type, to help remove the charcoal face mask cleanse the skin with natural lemon juice to draw out the minute charcoal particles from your skin.
- Whitens teeth and a mouth tonic – corrects pH in the mouth, is anti-inflammatory, removes plaque, removes stains on teeth, deodorises the mouth and subsequently promotes good breath, and strong and healthy gums & teeth. Use your toothbrush to mix charcoal, then brush your teeth.
- Water filtration – Activated Charcoal is present in the most basic of water filters to high tech water filters where it traps all sorts of impurities and chemicals to provide clean ‘toxin and chemical free’ drinking water.
- Mild Bites & Stings – For relief from bites and stings, mix Activated Charcoal with water or an oil such as Coconut or Olive oil to the consistency of a paste and apply to the affected area. Cover and seal the area with band aids or dressing. Depending on the severity and toxicity, you may need to seek medical advice or assistance.
- Air Purifier – Since Charcoal is negatively charged, it attracts positive ions in the air and so is used in many air purifiers to adsorb dust, chemicals and odours in the air.
WARNING – Storage & Handling
Storage & Handling: Activated Charcoal (AC) is basically very light, aerated carbon. It needs to be handled carefully as it is very messy if spilled.
AC must be stored in a cool place. The 350g size could be stored in the fridge. If stored in a warm place; left in a warm kitchen or other location where heat or strong light abounds, the air in the container will expand. When opened, the trapped expanded air will quickly escape blowing out AC also. If you suspect your container may have become heated, cool by storing in cool place or fridge before opening.
Better to be safe than sorry > When opening the container wear old clothing. Open outside, so if there is expanded air in the container it will not blow AC into your house / over your furnishings.
Activated Charcoal Powder Reviews
Helpful customer reviews and ratings to assist you with deciding on a product: