Blants special Laundry Blend
We are a passionate team at Blants! Passion is what inspires us, gives us our kick-start, our mojo each day! We love what we do! That same passion inspired us to formulate ‘Laundry Blend’.
Modern washing detergents are a chemical concoction. Many skin sensitive, chemical sensitive, or scent sensitive people can experience distress after washing in commercial laundry detergents. It seems there remains a residual of those chemicals within the fibres of materials. Most of us would prefer an alternative! There are some aptly named eco friendly laundry powders on the market, but a read through the ingredients in some of those even leaves you wondering!
So we decided to craft our own. We tested and tweaked it until we arrived at our crafted formula we simply named Laundry Blend. Our Laundry Blend is a plant and mineral based formula that really works!
What’s NOT in our Laundry Blend
There are none, absolutely none of these chemicals that irritate sensitive skin.
- No added colours or fragrance
- No artificial brighteners
- No sodium lauryl sulfate
- Phosphate free
- No added acids
- Enzyme free
- No fillers
That’s really good news !
What Is in our Laundry Blend
- Ground Coconut Soap – this is Blants own Ground Coconut Soap made in Sri Lanka exclusively for Blants. Made from three simple ingredients – Organic Coconuts, Lye and water. Fat or oil, lye and water are the three base essential ingredients of any soap. We don’t add anything extra.
- Sodium Percarbonate – Sodium Percarbonate is an oxygen booster. Whoever thought of this is a genius. It is hydrogen peroxide encased in washing soda. When added to hot water the dense oxygen within the hydrogen peroxide is released into the water. As an ingredient in this formula it reacts with & infuses all the ingredients with an enhanced oxygen boost wash.
- Washing Soda – Our Washing Soda is from a Natural source in the USA. Washing Soda is a key ingredient as a water softener in some commercial washing detergents. Hard water is water with high levels of minerals. Those minerals limit the sudsing/soaping of detergents. Washing Soda both cleans and softens water allowing the soap to clean effectively.
- Bicarb Soda – Good old Bicarb Soda, also known as Sodium Bicarbonate is a wonderfully effective cleaner used for generations by generations, as an all-purpose cleaner for all sorts of cleaning projects. Very effective in the wash, our Bicarb is of Natural origin, sourced from the USA.
- Borax – A natural product derived from Turkey. Borax is often understated in its application and effectiveness. It softens water, cleans and is a natural deodorant, but its other claim to fame is its effectiveness as an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-mould, and its ability to neutralise fluoride in tap water.
Using a Top Loader
For best results part fill the machine with water. While it is filling add 1-2 scoops of laundry blend to a bucket and add 2 cups of very hot water. The hot water infuses the blend causing it to suds and rise. Swirl and mix in the bucket and add to the agitator or straight in the wash. Can wash on any temperature but for best results wash on warm – warm/hot cycle.
Using a Front Loader
During our trial period we asked some folk to test Laundry Blend in their front loaders. They gave it the thumbs up! If you own a front loader you would be aware some detergents & powders are not suited to front loaders since front loaders need low sudsing cleaners. So, we need to say “Blants Laundry Blend may not suit your front loader. Initially start with only a half scoop to assess its suitability to your machine and if ok, increase in increments until you find the amount suitable for your machine”.
Laundry Blend works best when it’s activated by hot water. If you don’t use a hot wash, here’s a tip: keep an old jar in the laundry and use this to mix your scoop of Laundry Blend with hot water, giving it a good swirl, before adding to the detergent drawer.
The amount of Laundry Blend needed per wash will vary from wash to wash depending on the machine size, the wash level, and level of soiling on clothes.
*Laundry Blend may cause colour-fast materials to run or fade. Be sure to pre-test the suitability of Laundry Blend to your application before use. Blants do not accept responsibility if the garment colour appears to fade after washed.
Laundry Blend Reviews
Helpful customer reviews and ratings to assist you with deciding on a product: